Why Does Xano Use Kubernetes?
Kubernetes is a solution by Google for automating application deployment, scaling, and management.
Xano leverages Kubernetes to manage the entire release cycle of all the Docker containers. Kubernetes is constantly monitoring the environment and has the ability to auto-scale based on a variety of environmental factors.
- Automates many manual processes: for instance, Kubernetes will control for you which server will host the container, how it will be launched.
- Interacts with several groups of containers: Has the ability to manage more clusters at the same time.
- Self-monitored: Constantly checks the health of nodes and containers.
- Automates roll-outs and rollbacks.
- Container balancing: Knows where to place containers, by calculating the “best location” for them.
- Run everywhere: Kubernetes is an open source tool and gives you the freedom to take advantage of on-premises, hybrid, or public cloud infrastructure, allowing workload flexibility.
- Control and automate deployments and updates.
- Scale resources and applications in real time.